ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Records Coordinator
POSITION CODE: S6909
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/40 hours (Mon-Thurs 9-6pm, Fri 8-5pm)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to August 9, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Provides support to the Program Directors, Fieldwork Coordinators and faculty in the School of Education.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and distributes Schedules of Instruction (SOI) for each cluster of credential, certificate or degree program in the School of Education; coordinating with the Registrar, Finance Aid, and Business Office’s procedures.
- Assists Program Directors with staffing classes, maintains adjunct lists, prepares and finalizes contracts, confirms dates, room assignments and technology needs.
- Registers students for specific SOI, in coordination with the Education Admissions and the Registrar’s office including cluster switches, special status student registration, withdrawals and leaves of absence.
- Maintains Datatel files for current students on courses, paper files, class attendance files. Tracks information, produces timely reports, composes letters, memos, and correspondence.
- Works closely with faculty to ensure the accuracy of course syllabi and coordinates logistics , printing of course materials and equipment orders for each class taught.
- Provides assistance and accurate information over phone and to walk-ins; provides courteous service to students, faculty, staff and visitors; advises students and faculty regarding policies that pertain to registration and student teaching.
- Processes payroll for adjunct faculty; maintains accurate payroll files regarding hours taught, pay scale, etc.; generates check request for master teacher, and fieldwork supervisors’ payment.
- May coordinate activities, train, recommend discipline and/or make hiring decisions and complete performance evaluations of student workers.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, word processing, spreadsheets and database software programs. Basic research skills and knowledge of recordkeeping. Must have exceptional communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret regulations and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER