Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6908
DEPARTMENT: Student Leadership and Involvement Center (SLIC)
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months/30 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00-$16.88 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 2, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistics support for the office of Student Leadership Involvement Center and the Associated Students of the University of Redlands (ASUR). Acts as a key support staff person for daily office operations and serves as initial contact person for incoming phone calls and walk in traffic.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the Student Leadership and Involvement Center and provides support to the Associated Students of the University of Redlands (ASUR) in support of the University community, events, and activities.
- Performs various clerical duties including providing assistance and information in person or over the telephone, filing, processing mail, check requests, correspondence, and ordering/maintaining supplies for SLIC and ASUR; data entry on one or more databases.
- Maintains department calendar/schedule; coordinates and arranges appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel; coordinates use of facilities as needed.
- Maintains accurate payroll records for Outdoor Programs, ASUR, SLIC, Intramurals and Greek Life.
- Collects information, creates and disseminates the weekly Bullsheet, Summer Bulldog, and Monthly calendar.
- Oversees poster making and maintenance of supplies and ensures that all posters and flyers are stamped for approval and meet established University guidelines.
- Coordinates activities, recommends discipline, hires, completes performance evaluations, and trains student workers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, business or general office. Plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures; word processing, spreadsheet, database software programs and publication software. Basic knowledge of recordkeeping. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to cooperatively work with on and off campus contacts; interpret regulations; handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines. A valid Driver's license and a current DMV printout with a good driving record required upon date of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER