Assistant to CIO/Associate Vice Provost
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NON-EXEMPT ADMINISTRATOR POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant to CIO/Associate Vice Provost
POSITION CODE: A6736
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
APPOINTMENT: Non-Exempt Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: July 19, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to CIO/Associate Vice Provost for Information Technology Services, functions as the key support to the CIO/AVP in the coordination, management, and implementation of the operations of the Information Technology Services Department.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Provides high-level administrative support, maintains CIO/AVP’s calendar, follows-up on action items, coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Arranges travel and conference registration as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents, prepares presentation materials for meetings.
- Tracks progress of action items and deliverables.
- Provides budget support; monitors and collects budget information.
- Provides exceptional telephone support with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge; responds to internal and external requests, processes requests accordingly; provides organizational support to process timesheets, vacation, requests, staffing issues, etc.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including filing, preparing purchase orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports, out-going and in-coming mail, ordering supplies, etc.
- Supervises administrative assistant and student employees; assigns, reviews, coordinates, and prioritizes workload and schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties and special projects as assigned or directed. Maintains department confidentiality of sensitive data, information, activities and decisions; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related field such as business or general office and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience is required or an equivalent combination thereof. Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred. Considerable knowledge of current workplace standards and norms (e.g., utilizing full Microsoft Office suite products). Superior internal/external customer services skills. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, set priorities, multi-task and handle deadlines. Significant level of independent judgment; ability to asses requests and problems, and respond accordingly. Successful candidate must be able to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret procedures and explain processes. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER