Campus Events Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Campus Events Coordinator - Part Time
POSITION CODE: S6903
DEPARTMENT: Campus Events
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months/20 Hours (Thu 9am-5pm, Fri 9am-2pm, Sun 12pm-9pm)
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $17.21-$18.23 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 3, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 12, 2013 Deadline Extended: July 26, 2013
DESCRIPTION: The Campus Events Coordinator provides campus wide professional level event planning and execution.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides training, instruction, coordinates activities for approximately 25 student workers.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of campus and community activities in order to provide accurate information to a high volume of daily inquires by the general public and the university community.
- Meets and tours with clients and vendors to consult and confirm all event needs and requirements.
- Creates, produces, and updates facility diagrams for client and staff use during the event planning process.
- Prepares facility set-up diagrams; orders audio-visual equipment; coordinates with facilities management on venues; and works with catering to ensure proper coordination of food, linens, and table displays.
- Provides instruction for student staff during event set-up and oversees full event execution.
- Ensures event set-ups and break-downs are done correctly, safely, and in a timely fashion; unlocks and secures facilities as needed.
- Assists in all aspects of the Summer Programs, Feast of Lights, and similar campus wide events.
- Assists with building management and equipment including performing regular building checks.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, supplemented with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework and three (3) to five (5) years in a responsible position with related experience or an equivalent combination thereof. Evenings and weekend hours required. Successful candidate will have supervisory experience; the ability to operate a delivery truck, the ability to operate and set-up of audio visual equipment, and a familiarity with computers and data entry. Must demonstrate experience in handling multiple situations simultaneously of varying complexity and time frames. Successful candidate must possess excellent customer service and phone skills, strong interpersonal and communication skill. Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed. A valid Driver's license and a current DMV printout with a good driving record required upon date of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER