Administrative Assistant II - History & Speech/Debate
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6901
DEPARTMENT: History and Speech/Debate
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 month/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.94 - $16.88 per hour
AVAILABLE: August 12, 2013
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 3, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 12, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Provides comprehensive administrative, clerical, and logistic support within the departments of History and Speech/Debate. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative and academic support for faculty including classroom scheduling, course evaluations, faculty search processes and advises on University policies and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between College Dean’s Office, CAS Departments and programs, Registrar’s Office, Human Resources, Library, and the University Bookstore.
- Provides clerical support for the office such as: filing, sorting and distributing mail, document revisions, proofread correspondence and course syllabi, maintains program schedules, exams and other documents in support of the departments.
- Prepares materials including spreadsheets related to program management, course schedules, and various academic forms.
- Provides information in person and over the telephone to visitors, administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- Coordinates appointments, meetings, conferences and travel; meeting rooms, and use of Audio/Visual equipment.
- Assists with budget management, purchase orders, processes check requests and reimbursement requests for expenses related to faculty activities and travel.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential; security and maintenance of computers; office equipment, department key box; orders keys as needed.
- Oversees activities, reviews and assigns work, and completes performance evaluation of student workers; including hiring and training.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline and with limited supervision. A copy of a valid Class C driver’s license and a current DMV printout with a good driving record are required upon date of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER