Administrative Assistant II - Environmental Studies
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Administrative Assistant II
POSITION CODE: S6904
DEPARTMENT: Environmental Studies
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 Month/20 Hour
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.94-$16.88 per hour
AVAILABLE: August 12, 2013
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: July 3, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 12, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, provides comprehensive administrative, clerical and logistical support; aids and assists students and faculty in the efficient operation for the Department of Environmental Studies and the Department of Latin American Studies. Serves as confidential assistant and functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the department’s day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the administration of the Environmental Studies program, including coordination with other academic departments, campus programs, student groups, and offices within the University.
- Assists with the organization of campus events and programs in EVST, including logistical support requiring scheduling, preparation of materials, etc.
- Provides clerical support for the office such as preparing and copying course materials, filing, maintaining records; sorting and distributing mail.
- Assists with budget management, processes check requests and reimbursement requests for expenses related to faculty activities and travel.
- Provides information in person and over the telephone to visitors, administration, faculty, students, and parents.
- Prepares materials including spreadsheets related to program management, course schedules, classrooms use, etc.
- Maintains department confidence and safe guards operations by keeping information confidential; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Coordinates activities, instructs, reviews and assigns work, and completes performance evaluation of student workers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, secretarial, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or any equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER