Assistant Visiting Professor - Education
ANNOUNCEMENT OF FACULTY POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Faculty, non-tenure track
DEPARTMENT: School of Education
APPOINTMENT RANK: Visiting Assistant Professor
POSITION START DATE: August 1, 2013
POSTING DATE: June 21, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRITION: The University of Redlands is seeking a visiting professor for its Education Specialist Preliminary Credential Teacher Preparation Program with an Authorization to teach Mild/Moderate Disabilities. The University of Redlands is expanding its program offerings for the Education Specialist credential and will offer the credential at both its main campus and at its regional centers in the Greater Los Angeles area. The selected candidate for this position will teach at more than one campus and assist in the expansion of the Education Specialist Program at the University of Redlands. Supervision of Education Specialist student teachers in P-12 settings may also be required. This is a full time, eleven-month contract. It is a one-year appointment with the possibility of renewal.
- An earned master's degree in special education or a related field, plus a current California Education Specialist Credential with an Authorization to teach Mild/Moderate Disabilities;
- Demonstrated record of effective teaching of students with mild/moderate disabilities in P-12 settings;
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership in the areas of curriculum design and adaptation for students, behavior management, special education teacher induction, and/or special education laws and policies, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and strategies for diverse learners and English learners.
An earned master's degree in special education or a related field, plus a current California Education Specialist Credential with an Authorization to teach Mild/Moderate Disabilities;
- An earned doctorate (Ed.D. or Ph.D.) in special education or a related field;
- Prior experience teaching in a teacher preparation program and/or teaching in a higher education setting;
- Prior knowledge and experience in accreditation activities (California Commission on Teacher Credentialing) and data monitoring of teacher preparation programs; and
- Disposition for leadership and collaboration in working with faculty, students, and community personnel across program areas, departments and campuses.
TO APPLY: Send cover letter, curriculum vitae, brief statement of teaching philosophy, list of courses you would be able to teach, and three letters of recommendation to:
School of Education
c/o Martin Bright
Executive Secretary to the Dean
University of Redlands
School of Education
1200 East Colton Ave
Redlands CA 92373-0999
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER