Admissions Counselor, School of Education - Rancho Campus
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR - RANCHO CAMPUS
POSITION CODE: A6732
DEPARTMENT: School of Education, Rancho Cucamonga Campus
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience and Education
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSITION DATE: June 21, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reports to the Director of Admissions of the School of Education (SOE), assists in all phases of recruitment and admissions counseling in programs within the School of Education, Rancho Cucamonga Campus. Primarily responsible for conducting recruitment activities with prospective students through telephone activity and person to person counseling appointments and district outreach.
- Recruits, counsels and enrolls prospective School of Education Students. Represents the University and the School in district outreach, recruitment activities, public relations events to enhance the School of Education‘s profile in Rancho Cucamonga, and to generate new leads. Replies through various methods to all inquiry responses from walk-ins, telephone, direct mail, internet and website interaction with the intent of scheduling appointments and enrolling into appropriate programs.
- Counsels prospective students of SOE programs, admission requirements and procedures, state testing, field work, state requirements, district guidelines, financial aid overview and align academic goals with career options.
- Assists current, prospective and returning students with learning plans for degree or certificate program completion, based on student’s needs, goals, and interest. Manages the follow-up contact process with students and assists in enrolling and orientation to all programs.
- Understands effectively communicates and remains current on CCTC Standards, trends in the field of education and the SOE curriculum and University policies.
- Maintains student files, collects and distributes student documents and materials in collaboration with main campus. Manages prospective students through a combination of Datatel tracking systems, Excel, and other reporting methods, produces and monitors enrollment reports. Maintains relationships with current students and alumni to promote lasting connections with the School for referral campaigns.
- Assists in the recruitment plans of perspective students through school districts, community colleges and the UC systems. Assists in planning market strategies, including the development of copy for correspondence, marketing materials, website, etc.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree required. Position requires one (1) to three (3) years-related experience, preferably in admissions, counseling, service to professional adult students, or sales, or an equivalent combination thereof. Knowledge of CCTC teaching credentials preferred. Must have initiative to generate referral activity. Successful candidate will possess excellent public speaking and telephone skills; be computer literate; have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; have high energy, good judgment and commitment to students. The ability to be creative and flexible. Position will require occasional evening and weekend work and light travel. A valid driver's license with good driving record and reliable vehicle is required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER