Admissions Counselor, College of Arts & Sciences
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
POSITION CODE: A6733
DEPARTMENT: Office of Admissions/College Arts & Sciences
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: June 21, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Director of Admissions this position is responsible for presenting the University's academic programs, admission requirements and financial aid offerings to prospective students, parents and guidance counselors.
- Recognizes the value of a liberal arts education and has the ability to communicate this effectively.
- Travels extensively (approximately 6-8 weeks) in the fall throughout California as well as out-of-state, including school visits, college nights and weekend college fairs.
- Establishes and maintains contact with prospective students in an assigned geographical area.
- Interviews prospective students.
- Performs file review of prospective students and makes recommendations for action on these candidates.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as directed and determined by the Director of Admissions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a bachelor's degree. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; commitment to students; excellent writing, interviewing and public speaking skills; bilingual helpful. Candidate must possess well-developed motivational skills and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment; to be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective students, parents, high school and independent counselors as well as faculty and staff. Position will require considerable fall and spring travel with some evening and weekend work. A valid driver's license with good driving record and reliable vehicle is required. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER