Associate Director/Associate Director of International Recruitment
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING - REVISED
POSITION: Associate Director/ Associate Director of International Recruitment
POSITION CODE: A6730
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts & Sciences, Office of Admissions
APPOINTMENT: 12 month, full-time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: June 14, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Associate Director of Admissions, coordinates international undergraduate recruitment and marketing efforts for the College of Arts & Sciences Admissions Office. Collaborates with key stakeholders within and external to the University pertaining to international recruitment and facilitate the admissions process for prospective international students and their families. Assists with domestic territory management, application review and recruitment.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops a coordinated undergraduate international admissions recruitment plan to meet desired enrollment objectives.
- Collaborates with key campus stakeholders and builds strategic admission relationships with a variety of constituencies ranging from high school to college counselors, higher education leaders and education agency managers.
- Develops new and enhance existing communication systems with international students and international education partners.
- Oversees and provides guidance on evaluation and interpretation of international transcripts, transfer course equivalencies, and advisement of students on core requirements and available majors; evaluate and interpret records as necessary.
- Responds to inquiries from prospective international students, applicants and related constituencies promptly and accurately via email and phone regarding application status and admissions process.
- Provides leadership and guidance to University leadership and admissions staff regarding market conditions and matters involving international admissions operations.
- Collaborates with faculty recruitment liaisons, other international recruitment staff, and international education agents to achieve desired enrollment objectives.
- Assists the University with international recruitment strategies for graduate enrollments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and International college admissions experience is required. Candidates with a master’s degree and ability to speak more than one language will be given preference. Successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; commitment to students; excellent writing, interviewing and public speaking skills. Candidate must possess well-developed motivational skills and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment; to be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff. Position will require willingness to travel internationally and domestically and work non-traditional hours. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER