Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
POSITION CODE: S6902
DEPARTMENT: Sociology and Anthropology/Religious Studies
MONTHS/HOURS: 10 month/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $15.00 - $15.94 per hour
AVAILABLE: August 12, 2013
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: June 7, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 14, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under supervision, provides administrative and clerical assistance to department chairs and all faculty in the departments of Sociology/Anthropology and Religious Studies. Functions as the key support staff person in coordination and implementation of the day-to-day office operations.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares, types, proofreads, duplicates and distributes correspondence reports, forms, syllabi, manuscripts, exams, and other documents in support of the departments.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the departments including filing; answering telephones; preparing purchase orders, check requests, and expense reports; processing mail; ordering/maintaining supplies; and may run miscellaneous errands.
- Maintains department schedules; coordinates and arranges appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel; coordinates use of classrooms, meeting rooms, laboratory space, etc. for faculty and students.
- Provides support in the faculty search process; preparing and maintaining associated paperwork and arranging meetings and logistics of travel for candidates.
- Maintains and tracks departmental budgets using Microsoft Excel.
- Coordinates activities, recommends disciplines, hires, trains and completes performance evaluation of student workers.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Comprehensive knowledge of computers including Microsoft Office (with particular skill in Word and Excel). Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures, methods and techniques, record-keeping, word processing and software programs. Significant knowledge of record keeping requirements and departmental operations and practices. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER