Director of Web Strategy & New Media
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Web Strategy and New Media
POSITION CODE: A6728
DEPARTMENT: Marketing & Strategic Communications
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One Year
POSTING DATE: May 31, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Communications, the Director of Web Strategy and New Media provides leadership, vision and accountability in setting the strategic direction of the University’s website and interactive campaigns and properties. This director is responsible for articulating and marketing the University of Redlands brand differentiation through the University’s website, social media sites, interactive marketing communication vehicles, and email and online marketing campaigns.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the University of Redlands website and microsites. Is responsible for SEO, usability, brand adherence and communications effectiveness; ensures content is relevant, current and linked to the overall mission and positioning of the University.
- Administers and integrates online marketing and social programs (within the University of Redlands’ goals and a master marketing plan as the framework); develops social media strategies and drives programs to achieve specific objectives; turns ideas into workable plans.
- Collaborates with and supports University constituents in assuring brand messaging across all multimedia vehicles and helps to manage crisis & emergency communications through social media.
- Leads, executes and measures integrated online campaigns, standalone programs and one-time projects that leverage social and multimedia platforms.
- Oversees the monitoring and reporting of key analytics and provides relevant analysis and recommendations to Vice President of Marketing and University teams.
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills, exhibits creativity and problem solving skills.
- Oversees training for University-wide website editors and serves as a “teaching resource” on social and interactive best practices; stays current with relevant trends, issues and opportunities, is a valued-added resource to University constituents and navigates the changing interactive media landscape.
- Oversees and implements multiple projects simultaneously and manages a team of writers/videographers and strategic partners; works collaboratively as an integral player in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined integrated department.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as directed.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university plus five (5) to eight (8) years of interactive marketing experience, with some experience in higher education preferred. Programming, Marketo and/or Red Dot experience a plus. Understanding of content management systems, design software, social media networks, podcast development, new online technologies and applications (wikis, widgets, RSS feeds, blogs, social media monitoring tools, etc.) are required. Knowledge of social media partners and vendors; understanding of what makes a compelling functional, rich and relevant website that achieves University brand and enrollment objectives; possess familiarity and knowledge of social media partners and vendors; and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, exercise good independent judgment and display the ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; work cooperatively with University design team and Information Technology resources, co-workers, supervisors, faculty, students, and other constituencies. Successful candidate must be able to interact competently with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and other constituencies. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER