Assistant Director of Student Leadership & Involvement Center/Director of Greek Life
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant Director of Student Leadership and Involvement Center/Director of Greek Life
POSITION CODE: A6726
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: May 31, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, the Assistant Director of Student Leadership and Involvement Center will provide the structure and opportunity for students to take what they learn in the classroom and apply it to their daily interactions, thus helping students to foster better relationships and experiences with will shape their future.
- Advises all areas of Greek Life such as Greek Council, 6 local sororities, 6 local fraternities GAMMA, Order of Omega, Gamma Sigma Alpha.
- Coordinates risk management for 7 additional organizations with initiation processes.
- Oversees Greek Academic Success Program.
- Oversees party registration and management for Greek events.
- Conducts Hazing and Alcohol training for all organizations.
- Organizes training sessions and some events for Greek Advisors and Alumni.
- Enforces the risk management plan for clubs and organizations.
- Manages budget.
- Develops new programs to meet the needs of the students.
- Hires, trains and manages student employee(s).
- Assists in enforcing all campus policies, specifically related to advertising, alcohol, and event management.
- Attends meetings, participates in special assignments and assists with annual events and projects as assigned through Student Life.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required plus a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience working in a similar or related position; Master’s Degree preferred. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision; possess conflict resolution and mediation skills; have good written, analytical, and verbal skills. Position will require occasional evening and weekend work. Specific knowledge and experience of using the Internet, E-mail and be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs including MS Word and Excel. Valid driver’s license required; Class B status preferred. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout showing a good driving record will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER