Financial/Human Resources Analyst II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Financial/Human Resources Analyst II
POSITION CODE: A6724
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2013
POSTING DATE: May 31, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, provides professional support for the personnel budget and benefits administration for various financial, benefits, and Human Resources related projects. Ensures a professional level of human resources services are provided to the faculty, staff, and administrators.
• Performs financial analysis, data gathering and analytical tasks in connection with the development, monitoring, and maintenance of the personnel and benefits budget, contract and vendor payments, contingency transfers and salary savings, monthly, quarterly and annual budgets.
• Serves as main point of contact and researches for the campus community with respect to inquiries regarding personnel budget and expenditure transfers including temporary labor, benefits budget, taxable tuition, recruitment, and relocation.
• Calculates and prepares various tax documents including the annual 5500 report and Medicare Part D reporting.
• Balances service provider billing with employee deductions, prepares check requests for payment.
• Provides support and/or prepares data gathering/analysis for institutional benefit surveys.
• Meets with and assists new hires and existing employees with benefit questions; assists in completing and entering appropriate supporting document information into HRIS and service provider sites.
• Maintains leave of absence records; addresses employee status; manages process for premium collection due to leaves of absence; assists with unemployment records.
• Reports new workers’ compensation injuries into service provider site; oversees workers’ compensation files and billing process and annual audit.
• Assists with open enrollment.
• Processes all COBRA forms, notifications, payments, reconciliation.
• Calculates, prepares, and submits FSA, HSA, life insurance and wellness files to service providers.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in accounting, finance, business administration, or human resources, plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, or related field; advanced experience with MS Office, reporting, computer spreadsheets and database applications required. Familiarity with HRIS programs is desirable. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal; requires excellent organizational skills, be detail-oriented, possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to present financial and benefit information in a manner easily understood by non-financial individuals; to work with confidential information; work with numbers and perform mathematical calculations competently; to travel to regional offices; and to work independently with minimal supervision in a multi-task environment. Must be able to interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER