Residence Hall Coordinator, Johnston Complex
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING (CONTRACT)
POSITION: Residence Hall Coordinator, Johnston Complex
POSITION CODE: S6900
DEPARTMENT: Student Life – Residence Life and Housing
MONTHS/HOURS: 20 hours/12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $8.00 per hour/ housing included
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2013
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: May 31, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to June 14, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing and the Assistant Director of the Johnston Center, the Residence Hall Coordinator plays a pivotal role in planning hall activities and programs that encourage students to grapple with social and intellectual challenges. Residence Hall Coordinator is an integral part of the department team that supplements the living environment for students in the Johnston Complex, in cooperation with the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies.
Founded in 1969, the Johnston Center for Integrative Studies is an alternative educational program that is built on community and consensus. Students, faculty, administrators, and staff work together in committees and a weekly community meeting to develop academic and community policy, curriculum, and social events.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and maintains a sense of community within an environment conducive to engagement, growth, learning and meaningful interpersonal skills.
• Serves as the main conduct officer for the Johnston Complex; advising the Johnston Peer Council.
• Supervises and trains the Community Assistants for the Johnston Complex; Assists in the organization and development of staff selection and Fall and January Training.
• Facilitates the management of the Johnston Complex (e.g. housing placement and assignment process, damage reporting and billing, safety checks, supervision of the Community Coordinator and Community Assistants, submitting paperwork, and other administrative tasks.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required plus a minimum of six months of similar student related work (Community Assistant, Resident Assistant, etc), position is required to enroll into one of the College’s graduate programs or graduate programs in the School of Business, or Education. The ideal candidate is committed to an understanding of the values of higher education, student and community development, and diversity. Candidate must have the sensitivity and ability to work with the traditional college age student, advise staff, develop and implement programs, produce effective outcomes, work effectively both individually and with groups. Experience or understanding of alternative education and intentional communities is crucial. Tuition remission for Master’s degree. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER