Assistant to Associate Vice President/CIO
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATOR POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant to Associate Vice President/CIO
POSITION CODE: A6725
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology and Facilities Planning Management
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: May 24, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer (AVP)/(CIO) for Information Technology Services, functions as the key support to the AVP/CIO in the coordination, management, and implementation of the operations of the Information Technology and Facilities Planning and Management Department.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides high-level administrative support, maintains AVP/CIO’s calendar, follows-up on action items, coordinates meetings and conference calls.
- Arranges travel and conference registration as needed.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents, prepares presentation materials for meetings.
- Tracks progress of action items and deliverables.
- Provides budget support; monitors and collects budget information.
- Provides exceptional telephone support with a high degree of tact and technical knowledge; responds to internal and external requests, processes requests accordingly; provides organizational support to process timesheets, vacation, requests, staffing issues, etc.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the department including filing, preparing purchasing orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports, out-going and in-coming mail, ordering supplies etc.
- Supervises administrative assistant and student employees; assigns, reviews, coordinates, and prioritizes workload and schedules.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties and special projects as assigned or directed. Maintains department confidentiality of sensitive data, information, activities and decisions; adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related field such as business or general office, and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Two (2) years of direct supervisory experience required and Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred. Significant level of independent judgment; ability to asses requests and problems, and respond accordingly. Considerable knowledge of current workplace standards and norms (e.g., utilizing full Microsoft Office suite products). Superior internal/external customer services skills. Proven ability to maintain confidentiality, set priorities, multi-task and handle deadlines. Successful candidate must be able to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret procedures and explain processes. Must also competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER