Administrative Assistant I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
POSITION CODE: S6897
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs- School of Continuing Studies
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours/Mon.-Thurs. 9am-6pm; Fri. 8am-5pm
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.28 – 13.05 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: May 17, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 24, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision from the Associate Dean, provides administrative, clerical and logistical support to the Department of Continuing Studies Administration. The duties associated with this front desk position are functions designed to promote efficient operation in the office.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs a variety of clerical duties including data entry, filing, copying, preparing check requests, expense reports, processing mail, ordering/maintain supplies and may run miscellaneous errands.
• Greets visitors and provides assistance in-person or over the telephone, to visitors, administration, faculty, students, parents, and general public. Responds to requests for information and supports regional centers/Inside track.
• Communicates over the phone and via email with prospective students, answers common questions and provides information to assist students to enroll in courses.
• Places orders for text books and materials in support of adjuncts. Updates and distributes information and materials.
• Maintains calendars, schedules meetings, arranging room reservations and food accommodations as requested.
• Helps with web page administration and maintenance involving online content.
• Sends resource information to instructors and performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs. Plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of secretarial procedures and word processing; basic math skills and knowledge of recordkeeping required. Successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written); have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to multi-task with tight deadlines. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts; interpret procedures and explain processes. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER