Senior PC Specialist
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: SENIOR PC SPECIALIST
POSITION CODE: S6894
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services (ITS)
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 month/40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $19.80- $21.04 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: April 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to June 14, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Reports to the Director of Operations/User Services and works closely with user support groups to provide assistance concerning the use of information technology. The Senior PC Specialist is responsible for technical support of computers for faculty and staff including computer hardware and software, printing, installation, and operating systems, and consultation in a networked, academic environment.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively identifies computer problems and performs/recommends solutions. Supports end users and resolve computer problems in person at their desktops, or via telephone or electronic mail.
- Provides technical support for a variety of hardware/software issue and troubleshooting, installs, configures, and maintains desktop applications, networking applications, and information access tools on campus computers equipped with Windows and Macintosh OS.
- Maintains printers and other peripherals, provides hardware services such as: installing memory, system board, hard drives, etc.
- Monitors internal reports of technical problems as they develop and actively participate in implementing solutions to wide ranging problems. Actively communicates and helps to integrate global computing strategies and services.
- Maintains and supports mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
- Collaborates with other department members in large scale implementation of software in offices across campus; travel may be required.
- Helps with the recovery of damaged and deleted files.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, plus three (3) to five (5) years of additional schooling in computer science and computer maintenance/repair and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position. Position requires a valid “Class C” driver’s license with a good driving record. Upon offer of employment, a current DMV printout will be required. Candidates must have considerable knowledge of hardware, software, and networking for PC and Macintosh computers with an emphasis on Windows Vista/7 and Mac OS X. Must also have experience with a broad array of computing platforms and systems within a distributed computing environment. A successful candidate will have excellent organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; the ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, and implement solutions for system, hardware, and software problems. Position requires the ability to work independently, to use good judgment on a multitude of simultaneous projects under limited supervision while adhering to schedules and deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER