Advancement Services Records Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADVANCEMENT SERVICES RECORDS COORDINATOR
POSITION CODE: S6895
DEPARTMENT: Advancement Services
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $14.28– $15.00 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: April 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 3, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Services Records Coordinator initiates and maintains accurate alumni and other constituent biographical and relationship information via computer database and hard files.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Researches, verifies, inputs and maintains accurate and detailed demographic records on over 50,000 constituents, including file maintenance, ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Uses a variety of resources, including complex files from external sources, maintains constituent addresses to USPS and University standards,
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to requests for information via telephone, fax, written and electronic correspondence from internal and external constituents.
- Documents and processes record updates and notifications concerning deceased alumni.
- Performs updates on Datatel Colleague Advancement procedures and policy manual, including writing miscellaneous policies and procedures as required.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Colleague demographic database (CORE) users across campus to ensure appropriate offices are maintaining records according to custodianship hierarchy.
- Develops and provides training materials and hands-on training on Colleague Advancement database for new staff, administrators, and student employees in the University Relations division.
- Coordinates activities, recommends discipline, hires, trains, and completes performance evaluations of student employees.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs others duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent, plus two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Experience with Datatel’s Colleague/Benefactor software or other higher education/non-profit organization database software is desired. Successful candidate will have the ability to coordinate, proofread, update and input biographical data with high degree of accuracy and have considerable supervisory skills; must possess considerable knowledge of office procedures; word processing, spreadsheet and database software programs; have basic knowledge of recordkeeping; excellent communication and organizational skills; be able to exercise initiative in organizing, prioritizing and completing assignments independently and in a timely manner and deal diplomatically with a wide variety of people and situations. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER