Assistant Director of Campus Events
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant Director of Campus Events
POSITION CODE: A6718
DEPARTMENT: Campus Events
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-Time; including evenings, nights, and weekends
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: April 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Works closely with the Director of Campus Events in managing the daily operations of the campus events department in supporting the University and local community’s events and activities and directing the work of staff to ensure successful outcomes.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages event logistics and work flow to assure all events are coordinated and reviewed for flawless execution: coordinate appropriate post-event follow-up and evaluation.
- Monitors event execution including set-up and breakdown of tables, chairs, dance floor, podium and audio visual equipment. Manages issues and concerns raised by event organizers and staff and work toward acceptable solutions. Visits location before, during, and after event.
- Responsible for all adherences to safety, ADA, alcohol, insurance, fire and State of California laws pertaining to event management; establishes standard operating procedures in coordination with the Director.
- Manages the day to day operations of Summer Programs by planning, organizing and directing work flow and assuring that all activities and events are coordinated and reviewed for a smooth and effective transition and completion.
- Provides supervision over Event Coordinators when communicating with external clients requesting facilities, researching dates, times, locations, equipment requests and audio visual needs and meeting with clients regarding contracted needs.
- Facilitates coordination of large scale events and acts as direct liaison with hosting department and Campus Events office. Supervises all student workers and determines schedules based on requirements for events.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, trains, develops, disciplines and performs evaluation on direct reports.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hotel, Event Management or related field plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a similar position required or equivalent combination of education and experience, at least one year of experience as a supervisor required. Selected candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, high level of independent judgment; proven and effective management and supervisory skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to function well independently and as part of a team; skills for adapting to a quickly changing, fast paced environment; and must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. Some evenings and weekends hours required as needed. Selected candidate will possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record. A current DMV printout required after offer of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080 Redlands, California 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL THE JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or www.redlands.edu/jobs/asp
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER