Director of Administrative Information Services
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Administrative Information Services
POSITION CODE: A6722
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Full time, Administrative
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2013
POSTING DATE: April 26, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Position reports to the Deputy CIO and provides leadership over the Administrative Information Services team. Leads a team of programmers/analysts whose primary responsibility is to support the use of university wide administrative computer applications (Colleague Systems, Recruiter CRM, Business Objects, etc.). Responsible for analyzing requests for system enhancements, trouble-shooting and proposing alternatives and/or integrations that support custom programs, project schedules and communication with end users. System requests are aligned with department’s resources and schedules.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Works with the department heads and super-users to apply administrative computer systems to meet the needs of departments; analyzes requests for feasibility and proposes alternative solutions to management and users; plans, introduces and communicates service initiatives to the university community.
- Explores technical functions and or capabilities of our administrative systems (Colleague Systems, Recruiter CRM, Resource25, Business Objects, Sharepoint Portals, FRX, Sage, etc.) to increase utilization of systems; coordinates implementation and use of the additional modules or functions with department management and the super-users.
- Troubleshoots problems encountered by users and works with the ITS staff and Datatel Solution Center to resolve functional and software issues; develops custom programs to enhance administrative systems.
- Supports custom web integrations, core web services, ASP.NET custom forms and data interfaces connecting to various applications and administrative systems.
- Provides troubleshooting, patches, upgrades and enhancements to administrative systems; coordinates implementation of the add-on systems.
- Administers design of data warehouse, data interfaces and custom reporting within Business Objects; creates standards for data extraction, quality and data accuracy.
- Oversees user account creation and requests for email, network and Datatel access, integration with Active Directory (AD) and ensures policies and procedures are followed; ensures security measures for accessing the systems are in force.
- Supervises programmers, business analysts and other technical staff; works with vendors and consultants.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires bachelor's degree in information systems or a related field, plus five (5) or more years of professional experience in a programming and application development environment, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training, experience with delivery of database applications and content using Apple and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, web HTML, ASP.NET and data interfaces connecting Colleague applications, Colleague Systems, Recruiter CRM, Business Objects or other similar administrative systems. Preference will be given to candidates with a PMP Certification and experience working in higher education environments with one (1) year working with users to define requirements, set expectations and communicate project status, project management, development and project rollouts. Candidates will have demonstrated strong application development skills and database design and data integration and a proven record of successful design and implementation of custom applications, as well as promoting information-based community building and collaboration. Finally, the successful candidate will have excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, and a proven record of managing budgets and directing and motivating staff to deliver client-oriented services. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues; ability to work productively in a collaborative environment to meet deadlines. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 or
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER