Administrative Assistant II
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT II
POSITION CODE: S6893
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 Hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $14.28– $15.17 per hour
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2013
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: April 19, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 26, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, serves as the confidential assistant to the Associate Dean and Director of Student Conduct, providing administrative, clerical, and logistical support.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedules all calendar appointments, coordinates meetings and room reservations, as requested by the Associate Dean and Director of Student Conduct.
- Acts as primary greeter and initial contact for walk-in traffic and phone calls that come into the Student Life Office; most often being inquiries from student and/or parents, as well as off campus individuals.
- Finds and follows-up with scheduling reluctant students.
- Enters information into the Datatel system modules utilized by the Office of Student Life.
- Coordinates and manages the work schedules and job assignment for student workers in Student Life.
- Prepares check requests, cash receipt summaries, and other business forms as requested/needed.
- Processes replacement ID cards for students as requested.
- Maintains department confidence and safeguards operations by keeping information confidential. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook; ability to work independently while simultaneously exercising positive judgment and decision-making skills to address various issues that arise during the course of the day; must be able to work in a confidential manner and have excellent communication and strong organizational and interpersonal skills; possess a high degree of motivation, drive and proven ability to multi-task. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER