ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ResNet Manager
POSITION CODE: A6721
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Twelve months
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: April 19, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Under general direction of the Director of Operations & User Services manages all aspects of Student Residential Networking, (ResNet) Services. The ResNet provides a call center for connecting students’ computers in the residence halls to the campus network and resources. ResNet provides high quality desktop computing support. These services are delivered via email, walk-in, web, telephone, and /or on-site visits. The ResNet Manager is an information systems team member.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides technical assistance to the student community, ensuring a high level of technology support and functionality.
- Develops and analyzes surveys and help desk calls to improve ResNet services.
- Works with the other ITS staff to implement projects and ITS initiatives related to the ResNet for students.
- Interviews, hires, and supervises ResNet students; provides technical and time management training for the ResNet students.
- Oversees the implementation and operation of the call center and network access control software, such as Safe Connect, for ResNet.
- Communicates trends on a regular basis to ITS executive management to ensure proactive problems solving to improve ResNet Services.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree in information systems-related field, with two (2) to three (3) years experience in technology administration and support; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training. The position requires experience supporting PC and Macintosh systems in a multi-user, networked environment. The preferred candidate will have a proven record of successful management of a computer help desk or other service in which the clients have a range of computer skills from limited to self supporting computer knowledge. The position requires participation in projects/initiatives and high-level technical support within an information systems organization. The preferred candidate will have proven supervision and management experience and have a strong commitment to customer service. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of application, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, P.O. Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER