Sr. Web Developer
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Sr. Web Developer
POSITION CODE: A6717
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: March 15, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: The Senior Web Developer is part of a web team whose primary responsibilities is to support and maintain the existing web-based applications interfacing with administrative, learning management, content management systems and community portals. Position will develop future content-delivery and web based database development, work with end users to trouble shoot and develop custom programs to automate the collection and reporting of data.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participates in projects that support the implementation of university wide web-based applications in collaboration with university personnel.
- Works with end-users to develop web-based custom programs that provide web services to various audiences, including database and query tools.
- Develops custom programs in ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- Maintains the existing web applications; Moodle, Web Advisor, etc.
- Develops web sites on the Content Management System (CMS)
- Manages smaller projects by meeting with users, setting expectations, and communicating project status; works with the users to define scope of work and resource requirements; analyze requests for feasibility and propose alternatives for meeting user’s needs.
- Works with the ITS Technical Team to evaluate, recommend, and implement software solutions for web content development and delivery.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires bachelor's degree in information systems-related field, five (5) or more years of professional experience in a web application development environment, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training, experience with internet delivery of database applications and content using HTML, ASP.NET and Structured Query language (SQL); including, minimum one (1) year working with users to define requirements, set expectations and communicate project status and minimum one (1) year of project management of smaller scale web development projects and rollouts. The candidate will have demonstrated strong application development skills and database design for web applications, including data integration using DTS packages. Preference will be given to candidates with applicable experience with Datatel applications, Blackboard, Web Advisor, and ASP.NET. The preferred candidate will have a proven record of successful design and implementation of custom web applications, as well as promoting information-based community building and collaboration via the web. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit letter of application, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, P.O. Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER