Assistant Residence Hall Director - Campus Diversity & Inclusion (Contract)
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE NON-EXEMPT POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Assistant Residence Hall Director - Campus Diversity & Inclusion
POSITON CODE: A6713
DEPARTMENT: Student Life – Residence Life and Housing
APPOINTMENT: 40 hours/12 months
COMPENSATION: $13.00 per hour/ housing included
AVAILABLE: July 1, 2013
POSTING DATE: March 1, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Associate Director of Residence Life and Housing, the Assistant Residence Hall Director (ARHD) provides students with resources and experiences that complement academics to create and maintain a “sense of community” in an environment conducive to engagement, growth, learning and meaningful interpersonal skills. The ARHD also serves in half-time collateral assignments within the Student Life Division supporting the Office of Campus Diversity and Inclusion. Collateral assignments will be supervised by a member of the Student Life Division, outside of Residence Life and Housing.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the residence hall (e.g. reports damage, conducts safety checks, advises community assistants in submitting work requests, etc); actively plans, participates in, and assesses programming efforts both within the residence halls and areas of collateral assignment; conducts weekly staff meetings to address programmatic needs, student concerns, community-building, and other issues; advises student organizations and Community Assistant Committees; attends, instructs, and actively participates in all scheduled trainings prior to the start of school.
- Facilitates programming efforts for the Office of Campus Diversity and Inclusion; advises student clubs, coordinates leadership activities and awards ceremonies; supports retention efforts and diversity education activities.
- Identifies students with personal, behavioral or developmental concerns and refers them to appropriate resources for consultation and assistance; writes appropriate communication records; adjudicates student conduct cases within the residence halls as delegated by the Director of Student Conduct; enforces all campus policies, hall rules and regulations.
- Supervises seven Community Assistants; conducts annual performance evaluations on staff and provides feedback for colleagues and supervisors for their annual reports; assists in the organization and development of Residence Hall staff selections and actively participates in the selection process.
- Participates in the Administrator On-Call Duty Rotation and responds to crisis situations.
- Attends appropriate Division and department meetings as required; prepares monthly reports and other work as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required at time of offer plus a minimum of six months of similar student related work (Community Assistant, Resident Assistant, etc) and work with community based organizations. The ideal candidate is committed to an understanding of the values of higher education, student and community development, and diversity. Candidate must have the sensitivity and ability to work with the traditional college age student, advise staff, develop and implement programs, produce effective outcomes, work effectively both individually and with groups. Must have the ability to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff and a strong understanding of social justice. Flexibility to adjust work schedule to meet the needs of students and staff is necessary and will require attendance at evening and weekend events, as well as overnight retreats and training. Tuition remission for Master's degree. In compliance with “The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands CA 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx.
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER