Director of Admissions
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Admissions
POSITION CODE: A6715
DEPARTMENT: College of Arts & Sciences, Office of Admissions
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 Months, Full-time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: March 1, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: The Director of Admissions is responsible for leading a 13-person team in reaching enrollment goals for the College of Arts & Sciences. The Director designs the marketing and recruitment strategies, oversees the application and selection processes; and manages budget and resources. The position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment and works closely with faculty and the departments of Financial Aid, Marketing & Strategic Communications, Student Life and Athletics.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise, train and mentor the Admissions Counselor staff. Provide leadership and cultivate professional development for the Admissions staff.
- Lead in the development of recruitment and marketing/communications plan from initial inquiry to matriculation. Liaise with Office of Marketing and Strategic Communications and other outside vendors to create a comprehensive marketing plan (including student search, print and electronic publications, web, and social media); design and implement recruitment strategies to meet first-year, transfer and international student enrollment goals; represent the University at national and regional professional meetings, sitting on committees and presentation panels, and in other public appearances.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office Manager to oversee the admissions operations support staff ; oversee the admission process including the evaluation, selection and matriculation of students to Redlands.
- Analyze inquiry, application, and deposit trends to identify potential opportunities for advancement or efficiency; monitor admissions activities and processes through analysis from key performance indicators.
- Participate in the Financial Aid Working Group by contributing to annual review and setting of new student financial aid awarding policy. Oversee administration of merit, talent and other special scholarships.
- Collaborate with staff, departmental chairs, and faculty in key areas (e.g., athletics, art, music, creative writing, theater) to support and assist in recruitment efforts; cultivate and maintain relationships with high schools, guidance and independent counselors and alumni to assist in accomplishing enrollment objectives.
- Prepare and maintain the departmental budget; monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of policies and procedures; perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of college admission experience, demonstrating enthusiasm for leading a staff who values collaboration, teamwork and a sense of humor. A master’s degree is preferred. Other important qualities include: strong organizational skills; demonstrated expertise in interpersonal communications, excellent oral presentation and written communication skills; understanding of academic culture; an appreciation for and knowledge of current technology and software in student recruitment; and high level of professionalism. A valid driver’s license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands California 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER