Director of Administrative Services
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Administrative Services
POSITION CODE: A6709
DEPARTMENT: Office of Business and Finance
APPOINTMENT: 12 Month, Administrative full-time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: February 22, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Senior level management and leadership position within the Finance and Administration Division. Responsible for supervising, planning, organizing, implementing, problem solving, decision-making, and monitoring; works closely with senior management campus-wide to ensure assigned administrative operational needs are being addressed, prioritized, and appropriate action(s) are in process and/or acceptable alternatives have been identified; and ensure all reporting units provide the highest quality service to students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Manages oversight for numerous departments, functions and outsourced vendors, including the departments of Office Services, and Campus Events, functions of risk management and emergency preparedness and vendors within the University bookstore, duplicating center, and interior plant service.
- Develops, maintains, and manages assigned departmental budgets; recommends and monitors specific administrative operations, budgets and communication plans.
- Directs planning and conducts regular meetings to strategically communicate and coordinate operations with senior management and the University community; ensures high levels of customer service.
- Evaluates vendor performance and conducts user surveys to ensure applicable services are being performed as required per contractual terms and conditions.
- Performs project management responsibilities for assigned University projects.
- Secures lease financing and/or purchase for designated equipment from various financial sources and coordinates the return, if applicable.
- Performs contract administration, conflict resolution and risk management analysis for vendor/service contracts and activities; negotiates contractual terms and conditions.
- Participates in business process reviews, including resource allocation, cost analysis, process mapping/flow charting and performing value-added analysis for operating units; develops comprehensive written policies and procedures for all technical and/or functional groups; develops reporting systems and conducts post implementation reviews.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in business management, or a business related field. Master’s degree preferred in business management or administration. A minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressive responsible work experience in managing administrative operations with a focus on budgets and staffing; Experience working in higher education is highly desirable. Experience with contract/risk management and demonstrated project management, excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written are required. Experience and high proficiency level is required with computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel). Successful candidate must have demonstrated administrative experience and an ability to work independently while competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands PO Box 3080 Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or www.redlands.edu
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER