ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Associate Controller
POSITION CODE: A6708
DEPARTMENT: Business and Finance
APPOINTMENT: Administrative/ Full-Time
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: February 15, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: As a key member of the business and financial management team, this position provides timely accounting, reporting and reconciliation of the University’s investment portfolio and significant assistance for financial statements, compliance audits and tax reporting. Position is responsible for providing accurate financial data to University management and Board of Trustees to facilitate management decisions and reporting.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Prepares timely and accurate accounting journal entries to record investment activity including, income, gains, reallocation of assets and capital calls. Works with consulting firm and custody bank to resolve investment accounting and performance reporting issues.
- Assists with preparation of agenda, discussion topics, and presentation materials for Investment Committee meeting; implementation of Committee actions, collaborates with and maintains an effective relationship with investment consulting firm.
- Prepares quarterly Investment Asset Report, reconciles all investment accounts; prepares and maintains Endowment unit records, Agreement files, details of Endowment restrictions, and reports; prepares year-end audit investment schedules and assists with appropriate financial statement schedules for disclosures of investments.
- Prepares, analyzes and reconciles various audit workpapers and schedules for annual external audit, including the Retirement Plan 403(b) audit; participates in oversight committees; prepares year-end adjusting journal entries; assists independent auditors with questions and inquires; coordinates with accounting personnel and supporting departments in facilitating year-end closing adjustments and workpapers; assists Controller with financial statement preparation and supporting footnotes; prepares end of fiscal year financial ratios and assists with credit rating agencies reporting.
- Preparations of all workpapers and analysis for completion of federal Form 990 and Form 990-T and state income tax returns.
- Provides professional leadership and administration of all aspects of the deferred gift program, including trusts, annuity, pooled income funds and life insurance policies; liaison with donor and income beneficiaries regarding deferred gift program administration; researches and responds to beneficiary reporting inquiries; performs asset transfers, file management, reconciliations, tax reporting, accounting and coordination of co-trustee relationships for deferred gifts; coordinates quarterly and annual reporting to income beneficiaries.
- Provides management oversight of the Accounting Services Department and supervision to the Financial Operations Manager, including the development of department, policies and procedures, workload management, priorities and goals with oversight of the Administrative General Ledger system; performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree with major in accounting, finance, CPA preferred, with a minimum of five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance, or related field; Significant work experience in accounting or finance in lieu of degree, University/ College, non-profit accounting experience highly desirable. Advanced knowledge of MS Office tools, MS Dynamics GP, Ellucian Colleague Finance modules as well as experience utilizing technology tools to download data, and convert data to MS Office products. Significant technology skills required for electronic file management and download from outside sources and report writing with FRX Report writer and Business Objects/Crystal Reports. Position requires excellent organizational skills, detail orientation, and excellent analytical & problem solving skills. Successful candidate will demonstrate strong leadership & management skills & the ability to work independently in multi-task oriented environment and competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. Successful candidate will demonstrate good communication skills & the ability to relay financial information in a manner easily understood by non-financial individuals. Must have demonstrated ability to work effectively with confidential information & with minimal supervision. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands CA 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 or http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER