Director of Campus Events
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Campus Events
POSITION CODE: A6705
DEPARTMENT: Administrative Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
POSTING DATE: January 25, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Provides operational management, leadership and direction for all aspects of Campus Events including special events, summer conferences and university events during the academic year and summer months, for on-campus and external clients.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generates and increases revenue by introduction, promotion, scheduling, and planning of events.
- Annually develops and carries out a marketing plan to increase external event bookings.
- Develops promotional materials such as brochures, web pages, and direct mailing materials to distribute to clients and to increase the visibility of the University to internal and external groups.
- Configures rates and pricing structure for conferences; formulates estimates and proposals for various facility uses and rental in collaboration with the University’s management.
- Provides the necessary liaison between University departments and maintains effective relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Analyzes and monitors the University Master Calendar for dates, times, and facility usage by authorizing, prioritizing, and managing reservation requests.
- Advises groups and organizations using facilities concerning building and event policies, procedures, related laws and liability issues.
- Defines requirements and analyzes events, facilities, and staff to determine levels and type of support needed for major programs.
- Supervises the Campus Events staff in the operations of the department.
- Determines budgetary projections and makes budgetary decisions based on projections and needs of the department, in collaboration with the University’s management.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hotel, Event Management or related field plus a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a similar position required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Selected candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, high level of independent judgment; proven and effective management and supervisory skills; strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; ability to function well independently and as part of a team; skills for adapting to a quickly changing, fast paced environment; and must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER