Assistant to Vice President
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING - Revised
POSITION: Assistant to Vice President
POSITION CODE: A6704
DEPARTMENT: University Relations
MONTHS/HOURS: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: January 18, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under limited supervision provides administrative and secretarial support, budget management to the Vice President of University Relations; supports the Director for Foundation and Government Relations; and provides confidential level office support.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepares correspondence, reports, forms, and other documents in support of the Vice President; types, proofs, duplicates and distributes.
• Maintains and tracks departmental budgets for the several departments within University Relations, plus commencement, using a developed computerized spreadsheet program.
• Responsible for follow-up on action of committees or assigned groups, etc., to ensure that decisions are implemented, contracts are prepared and appropriate parties are notified.
• Maintains the Vice President’s schedule, coordinates and arranges conferences and travel; coordinates appointments and meetings with direct reports, donors, trustees, faculty and others both inside and outside the University community.
• Works closely with the President’s Office to coordinate joint activities and programs between that office and the Vice President’s office. Assists the Vice President with university programs and initiatives that fall outside of the University Relations Division.
• Provides frequent assistance in person or over the telephone, which requires a high degree of tact and technical knowledge.
• Performs a variety of clerical duties in support of the division, including filing, preparing purchasing orders and check requests; preparing and processing expense reports; processing out going and in-coming mail; ordering and maintaining office supply inventory.
• Provides supervision, training, instruction, coordinates activities, recommends discipline and/or makes hiring decisions for student employees.
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work in related field such as business, general office, or computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs, and five (5) to eight (8) years of progressively responsible related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Considerable knowledge of office procedures, methods and techniques; word processing and spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel preferred). Successful candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written; have good independent judgment and a demonstrated ability to set priorities; be able to maintain multiple ongoing tasks on a tight deadline; work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors, faculty, students, and other constituencies. Successful candidate must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and other constituencies. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-804.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands CA 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER