ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: HVAC MECHANIC
POSITION CODE: S6889
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/40 hours
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $19.44 – 21.87 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 6 months
POSTING DATE: January 11, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: January 25, 2013
DESCRIPTION: Under general supervision, performs equipment diagnostic, repairs, and preventative maintenance activities related to the campus HVAC equipment. Inspects services, lubricates, adjusts, cleans and performs minor mechanical, electrical, heating and air conditioning repairs ensuring conformance to all safety standards and optimal performance.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs maintenance of HVAC systems for proper operation including repair of pumps, motors, valves, relays, actuators and variable drive systems; changes air filters as needed.
- Troubleshoots and repairs of HVAC equipment.
- Prepares service request orders, orders replacement parts, supplies and tools as necessary.
- Maintains document records pertaining to equipment and refrigerant inventory.
- May perform minor repairs to electrical lighting, control and power distribution systems, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment and emergency power generators, as needed.
- May instruct new employee or student worker in own work or related tasks.
- Adheres to all safety and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Team Effort by accomplishing related duties as needed, with an expectation of possible after hour call backs if need arises. Responds after normal duty hours to address emergency requirements.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent required supplemented by two (2) to three (3) years of additional course work or training in electrical, mechanical and technical fields with a minimum five (5) to eight (8) years experience in a similar position. Candidate will possess considerable knowledge of all preventative maintenance practices including plumbing, heating and air conditioning maintenance systems including chillers and cooling towers; OSHA/CAL OSHA rules and regulation from the AQMD regarding emissions; and all safety rules and regulations. Candidate must possess knowledge of Energy Management Systems. Must be able to work independently and possess good problem-solving skills. Also, must demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills; good organizational skills; ability to work cooperatively with co-workers, supervisors and campus contacts. Able to interpret and apply a variety of rules, regulations and procedures; read and understand technical manuals, blueprints and schematics. Position requires the physical agility to perform the required duties in a safe and productive manner, to utilize and operate a variety of specialized tools and equipment and to be able to work at various heights and close areas. Upon offer of employment, a physical examination must be successfully completed and a current DMV printout demonstrating good standing will be required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm. Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE
UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER