Director of Spatial Studies
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Spatial Studies (Contract)
POSITION CODE: A6700
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
AVAILABLE: August 1, 2013
POSTING DATE: January 4, 2013
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Director of Spatial Studies provides leadership, coordination, and support for spatial curriculum and research at the University of Redlands and for outreach to communities, businesses, and professional organizations involved with spatial curriculum and research. The Director also has responsibility for administration, faculty development, teaching, research, and outreach.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support and consult in the development of spatial courses and curriculum across the University.
- Coordinate activities and faculty development resources for spatial curriculum and research across the University.
- Expand outreach and enhance the University’s visibility in spatial curriculum and research to communities, businesses, and professional organizations involved with spatial curriculum and research.
- Provide faculty professional development support in areas related to mapping and GIS.
- Teach up to two courses per year within the applicable academic department(s) related to mapping, GIS, and spatial thinking; as appropriate.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Academic and professional background and a Ph.D. in GIS, geography, environmental studies, and/or other fields, and demonstrated accomplishments commensurate with an appointment at the director level. Successful candidates possess vision to guide our University’s spatial efforts and promote faculty engagement in those efforts. Must possess the stamina and skills to seek and manage resources internally and externally. Collaborative skills and political savvy to work well with administrators, staff, and faculty across the University. Must have strong inter-personal and communication skills that will allow him or her to engage with external relations and university partners, keeping abreast of new opportunities for the university related to mapping, GIS, and spatial studies. Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tell the story of our spatial efforts in multiple ways for different audiences, both internally and externally. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands, CA 92373-0999
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER