Director of Annual Giving
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Director of Annual Giving
POSITION CODE: A6703
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: One year
POSTING DATE: December 21, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Development, the Director of Annual Giving is responsible for advancing the annual fundraising outreach efforts of the University of Redlands and helps to ensure the University maintains a balanced budget by planning and managing current-use, fundraising programs.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defines market segmentation strategy and plans and executes a strategy of cultivation and solicitation that includes direct mail, student phoning, and personal solicitations.
- Coordinates Reunion Giving Program which is responsible for a significant percentage of the funds raised for the Redlands Fund.
- Manages a portfolio of leadership annual donor prospects, and leads all volunteer management efforts.
- Expands membership in the Redlands Fund leadership giving clubs with personal visits to prospects and donors for cultivation and solicitation.
- Supervises the Redlands Fund staff and manages the Redlands Fund office, including budget management.
- Coordinates Redlands Fund activity with Advancement Services department which provides all computer support to the Redlands Fund.
- Supervises and plans Redlands Fund recognition events.
- Works with Director of Donor Relations regarding acknowledgement procedures and all other programs and activities relating to stewardship.
- Oversees the corporate matching gifts program which includes contact with matching gift officers at corporations, follow-up with alumni, and coordinates with the gift recorder.
- Authors articles and ads for various publications and supervises the production of the Honor Roll of donors and volunteers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree required, supplemented with three (3) to five (5) years of experience. Master’s degree preferred. Successful candidate will demonstrate superb communication skills, both verbally and in writing; must have strong interpersonal, management skills; be imaginative, innovative, display a sense of humor, have the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, be well organized; must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. Valid driver's’ license is required. A willingness to work evenings, weekends, and travel is required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and reasonable accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to: Human Resources, University of Redlands, PO Box 3080, Redlands, CA 92373-0999.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL OUR JOBLINE AT 909-748-8883 OR VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/offices-directories/human-resources/jobs.aspx
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER