Administrative Assistant I
ANNOUNCEMENT OF STAFF POSITION OPENING
POSITION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I
POSITION CODE: S6884
DEPARTMENT: Alumni Relations
MONTHS/HOURS: 12 months/ 40 hours a week
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $12.28-$13.05 per hour
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Six Months
POSTING DATE: December 14, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 21, 2012
DESCRIPTION: Functions as a support staff person primarily assisting the work of the Office Manager and directors by providing administrative, clerical, and logistical support for the Alumni Relations Office.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform a combination of clerical support functions for all events, programs, and activities under the purview of Alumni Relations.
- Process and maintain event registration records in paper and electronically including entering data into the main university informational database (Colleague Advancement), Encompass (software that powers the Alumni Relations website), and use of various Microsoft Office programs.
- Act as primary greeter and initial contact for walk-in traffic; answer phones; sort and distribute mail.
- Coordinate the printing, assembly, and mailing of Greek organization newsletters and other large-scale mailings. Must be capable of doing sophisticated mail merges when needed.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies.
- Process all incoming checks and cash for deposit; execute credit card transactions.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one (1) year of additional coursework in related fields such as business, secretarial, computer software/word processing and spreadsheet programs plus one (1) to three (3) years of related experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination thereof. Successful candidates must be able to exercise good judgment and discretion with sensitive and confidential materials and situations, as well as be able to handle money; must have great communication, organizational and customer service skills. Ability to interact effectively with on and off-campus contacts and manages multiple tasks with priority deadlines. Position requires strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel, Outlook, and Word. Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing, a DMV printout will be required at the time of hire. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed, please call 909/748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Staff application form to: http://redlandsapps.redlands.edu/hr/staff_app.cfm Applications not received prior to the application deadline date specified on the job announcement will not be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT THE JOB LINE AT 909/748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER