Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Executive Assistant to the Executive Vice President
POSITION CODE: A6694
DEPARTMENT: Office of the Executive Vice President
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, 12 months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: September 14, 2012
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Executive Vice President of the University, the Executive Assistant functions as the key administrative support person in the management, coordination, and implementation of the operations of the Office of the Executive Vice President; responsible for interacting on behalf of the executive vice president with all elements of the University and to foster productive relationships among key constituencies.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize, manage, and execute initial and follow-up communications, travel, facilities set-up, programs, and program participants.
- Records minutes, maintains records of actions coming from Executive Vice President meetings.
- Maintains confidential records and files pertaining to meetings of the Executive Vice President.
- Interprets and applies University policies as they pertain to the operations of the University and the Office of the Executive Vice President
- Oversees the management of the Executive Vice President’s calendar and relieves him of managerial detail including, but not limited to, scheduling and rescheduling and prioritizing as needed, managing the organization of the daily agenda.
- Provides supervision, training, instruction; coordinates and prioritizes workload; manages conflict and takes corrective action when necessary; recommends discipline and makes hiring decisions for the Office of the Executive Vice President’s support staff.
- Manages the operational budget for the Office of the Executive Vice President.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field with a minimum of six (6) years of experience is required or an equivalent combination thereof (of post high school education and experience). Successful candidate will have experience working for a high producer in professional and civic affairs; making independent judgments; ability to coordinate office detail in conjunction with policy; proven experience handling highly confidential and sensitive materials and situations; ability to master a wide range of relationships, tasks, and perspectives required; be competent in a variety of Windows-based computer programs and other technology-related tools including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to work independently, prioritize work, and independently manage multiple and competing priorities while meeting deadlines; demonstrate strong problem-solving skills; and must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, staff, trustees and constituencies. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, salary history, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to email@example.com or mail to:
University of Redlands
PO Box 3080
Redlands, CA 92373
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT HUMAN RESOURCES AT (909) 748-8883 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER