Historic Memorial Chapel at the University of Redlands
The Historic Memorial Chapel was completed in 1927 and has served as the campus gathering space, place of worship and public face of the University. It is the visual anchor of the Quad, and the most recognized building on our campus.
The Chapel features enormous, beautiful stained glass windows that were designed by Walter Horace Judson, founder of the famous Judson Studios of Los Angeles. The stained glass window on the north wall illustrates Christ delivering the Sermon on the Mount to listeners amid the hills of Gaililee. The window is comprised of three panels containing 3,500 pieces of stained glass imported from England.
In addition, the Chapel houses a Casavant Organ built by world famous Casavant Freres Organ Company. The original installation took place in 1926, but the organ was cleaned and updated in 2003.
1,343 seats, wheel chair seating available.
Large elevated stage area
Large Lobby Greeting Area
Stained glass windows throughout
Please note, the Chapel does not have air conditioning, and does not have a center aisle. Rate includes location and a two-hour rehearsal, basic custodial and basic area clean-up. Items brought in by the client must be removed by the client. Please see our Event Planning Guidelines
for further details.
To book a tour and determine rates for this facility, please e-mail
or call the Campus Events office at 909-748-8116.