Professor of Sociology
Sociology and Anthropology
James Spickard is currently working on his research project involving the topic of "what's happening to religion". He is writing about religious shifts, religious decline, religion and violence, etc.
He was interviewed by a San Bernardino Sun reporter two years ago, about the role of religion in the (then) upcoming election. The Daily Facts picked up the story as well.
He also did a talk for Occupy Redlands, last December, on the facts about economic inequality.
Academic Interests and Areas of Expertise
- Religious change in the contemporary world
- Social inequality in contemporary America
- Overall changes in American religious life
- Growth of religious individualism
- Homelessness in America
- Social science research design