2nd Annual Sustainability Festival
University of Redlands to co-host 2nd annual Sustainability Festival
REDLANDS, March 26, 2014 – The University of Redlands will partner with the Redlands Sustainability Network to co-host the 2nd annual Redlands Sustainability Festival on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at the Stauffer Science Complex of the University of Redlands.
The festival will focus on educating community members about ways to help make Redlands a “greener”, healthier and economically viable community to live in. The festival will feature more than 80 exhibitors, including community and nonprofit organizations and sustainable businesses. Other planned activities will include:
- Welcoming speeches by University President Ralph Kuncl and Redlands Mayor Pete Aguilar
- Local school art contest awards and other school exhibits
- Redlands Animal Shelter adoptions
- Face painting and other kid activities
- Chef Lee Burton and his smoothie-cycle kids
- The Gardening Corner with speakers and demonstrations
- Tours of the University’s community garden
- Artists and art displays featuring sustainable themes and materials
- Plug-in hybrid cars
- Solar and retrofitting booths featuring the HERO financing program;
- Related student films
- Bands and solo musicians
Festival organizers will also be facilitating a donation drive for the following recycled items: eyeglasses (Lions Club), teen clothing (Angels Closet), clothing (The Blessing Center) and books (Smiley Library).
WHAT: 2nd annual Redlands Sustainability Festival
WHEN: Saturday, March 29, 2014 from 11 a.m. -3 p.m.
WHERE: University of Redlands, Stauffer Science Complex
1200 E. Colton Ave, Redlands, CA 92373
The event is free and open to the public