Free Tax Preparation 2014
Accounting students from the University of Redlands are partnering with the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program to help people file their taxes for free. The process is quick, easy, and open to anyone in the community.
Services will be provided in Duke Hall Room 200 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays between March 10 and April 7, 2014. A Spanish translator will also be on site.
VITA volunteers are trained to prepare:
• Form 1040 EZ
• Form 1040 A
• With Schedule 1, 2, 3 & EIC
• Form 1040
• With Schedule A, B, EIC & R
• Form 1040 – V
• Form 1040 – ES
• Form 2441 (Child and Dependent Care Credit)
• Form 8863 (Education Credits)
• Form 8812 (Additional Child Tax Credit)
• Schedule C EZ
Participants should bring:
• Current year’s tax package and/or label
• All W-2 and 1099 forms
• Proof of identification for yourself and/or your spouse
• Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification cards for you, your spouse, and/or dependents
• Proof of account for direct deposit of refund (if available)
• Information for other income (if available)
• Information for all deductions/credits (if available)
• A copy of last year’s tax return (if available)
Wheelchair accommodations are available, as well as parking around Duke Hall and the Administration Building.
For more information, please contact the Office of Community Service Learning at 909-748-8288.
Posted: March 5, 2014