The Magic of Redlands! Magic Show
University of Redlands will host The Magic of Redlands! Magic Show on Oct. 18
The show of sophisticated magic and comedy can be enjoyed by one and all
REDLANDS, Oct. 10, 2013–The University of Redlands Office of Student Life will host The Magic of Redlands! Magic Show as part of the University’s Homecoming 2013 celebrations at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, 2013 at the Memorial Chapel.
The Magic of Redlands! Magic Show will feature award-winning magicians from Hollywood’s famous Magic Castle®. Mike Caveney–who has been called “one of the funniest magicians in America” by The Hollywood Reporter–will co-host with Tina Lenert a magic and pantomime act called “Maid in Heaven.”
Dan Birch, the “Lord of Illusionists,” will perform a stage act and Rob Zabrecky will showcase his brand of “hilariously creepy” magic. Joel Ward will perform fast and amazing modern magic featured on "The Tonight Show," Comedy Central and Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus.
- Mike Caveney–host of the show, has been dubbed “one of the funniest magicians in America" by the Hollywood Reporter. Caveney is an American Magician, author, publisher, magic historian and collector. He is a life-member of the Magic Castle in Hollywood and a member of the Magic Circle of London. His work as a magician and publisher spans more than four decades. He has appeared onstage or on television in more than 20 countries and most of the 50 states. He is also the co-organizer and host of the Los Angeles Conference on Magic History, a biennial invitation-only conference that showcases historical magic.
- Tina Lenert–combines magic and pantomime in a unique act called "Maid in Heaven" that she has performed on stages and television shows all over the world. For many years she has been a regular performer at the world famous Magic Castle in Hollywood where she has been voted “Stage Magician of the Year” by the Academy of Magical Arts.
- Dan Birch–known as "The Lord of Illusionists," has appeared on stages around the world, and has made many television appearances. Birch is a magic purist whose shows and illusions are a loving homage to his craft and a salute to the child inside us all.
At age 12, Birch read the description of a magic trick in a catalog, where a magician would produce a live white dove from a folded silk handkerchief. From that moment on, Dan has been consumed with this notion, and created an act that transcends the natural barriers of reality.
- Rob Zabrecky–thought to be “hilariously creepy.” According to MAGIC magazine, "Zabrecky's magic could easily be the plot line of a Stephen King novel, if Stephen King wrote comedy." Since 2002, he has been a regular performer at the Magic Castle.
- Joel Ward–headlined Ringling Bros. & Barnum & Bailey Circus show "Boom A Ring" and appeared on "The Tonight Show" with Jay Leno and Comedy Central's "Tosh.O." His magic is modern, fast and amazing.
WHAT: The Magic of Redlands! Magic Show
WHEN: 8 to 9:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 18, 2013
WHERE: University of Redlands, Memorial Chapel
1200 East Colton Ave, Redlands, CA 92373
Tickets for the Magic Show are available through the Campus Events office located on the first floor of the Hunsaker University Center or call 909-748-8116.
- $20 VIP seats
- $10 General admission
- Free admission for University of Redlands students
Town and Gown is offering tickets for dinner and the Magic Show
- $50 dinner and VIP seating – contact Alumni Relations at 909-748-8011