University of Redlands Center for Educational Justice
to host Budget Symposium on School Finance
REDLANDS, Oct. 1, 2013–The University of Redlands Center for Educational Justice will host a Budget Symposium on School Finance titled “What Does Local Control Funding Formula mean for California School Districts, Students and Communities in 2013-2014 and beyond?” on Thursday, Oct. 17, 2013.
Discussion topics regarding the new funding formula for California public schools will include:
- Are school budgets improving in California?
- What does the local control accountability plan mean for schools in the area?
- What does this new funding formula mean for school districts’ budget development, community stakeholders and employees' associations?
Featured speakers for this symposium are:
- Paul Jessup, deputy superintendent of the Riverside County Office of Education
- Ted Alejandre, assistant superintendent of business services at the San Bernardino County Office of Education.
The event is free and open to the public. Adjacent parking is free.
WHAT: University of Redlands School for Educational Justice-Budget Symposium on School Finance
WHEN: 6 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 17, 2013
WHERE: University of Redlands, Casa Loma Room
1200 East Colton Ave, Redlands, CA 92373