Students on Prestigious List
University of Redlands Students Land on Prestigious Who’s Who List
REDLANDS, March 4, 2013 - The 2013 edition of “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges” will include the names of 22 students from the University of Redlands. The national directory recognizes students on the basis of academic achievement, service to community and leadership in extracurricular activities. This distinction is one of the most highly regarded and long-standing honors programs in the nation, having earned the over-whelming respect of college faculties and administrations.
Each year, a select group of students are called forward to accept one of the most prestigious awards the academic community can bestow, selection to Who’s Who Among Students. This exclusive honor is conferred by more than 2,842 schools in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and is symbolized by the presentation of an award certificate.
Outstanding students have been honored in the directory since it was first published in 1934. Students are nominated by faculty or administrators and the University of Redlands generally holds to a minimum GPA of 3.0 with occasional exceptions for those in the 2.9 range with other exceptional qualities. The criteria for “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges” is experience and accomplishments in each of the following areas:
1. Scholarship awards and academic achievements
2. Participation and leadership in academic activities
3. Participating and leadership in extracurricular activities
4. Citizenship and service to school and community
The 2013 recipients from the University of Redlands are:
- Celine Abell, a senior Psychology major; Sarah Beeman, a senior double major in Psychology and Sociology and senior Sheena Dreher a Communicative Disorders major, all from Redlands, Calif.
- Omar Avila, a junior double major in Mathematics and Computer Science from Escondido, Calif.
- Jaqueleen Balderas, a senior Sociology major from Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Alisha Cornick, a Financial Economics major from Hollister, Calif.
- Joseph Dimartino, a junior Psychology major from San Marcos, Calif.
- Meghan King, a senior Biology major from Portland, Ore.
- Kristian LaSala, a senior Business Administration major from Las Vegas, Nev.
- Zacharia Leonardi, a senior International Relations major from Ferndale, Calif.
- Kelsie T. McGee, a senior Psychology major from La Quinta, Calif.
- Jessica Medvec, a senior Psychology major from Tualatin, Ore.
- Megan Marie Mikulich, a junior Environmental Business major from Las Vegas, Nev.
- Brittany Oster, a junior double major in Chemistry and Biology from Agoura Hills, Calif.
- Andrew Pavlov, a senior Biology major from San Bernardino, Calif.
- Talia Poidmore, a junior Sociology major from Corona, Calif.
- Victoria Roach, a junior double major in Women and Gender Studies and Sociology and Anthropology from Fairbanks, Alaska
- Tyler Sahlstrom, a senior Global Business major from Indio, Calif.
- Linzey Smith, a senior Communicative Disorders major from Anaheim Hills, Calif.
- Shelly Velez, a junior Communicative Disorders major from Escondido, Calif.