Bulldogs in Service Inland Empire opportunities
University of Redlands Bulldogs to unite and serve their local communities
Alumni, staff and students of the University will participate in community service projects throughout the Inland Empire on April 14
April 3, 2012—On Saturday, April 14, 2012 University of Redlands students, alumni, faculty, family and friends will serve their local communities across the Inland Empire and the globe for the fifth annual Bulldogs in Service Day. This day will include seven service opportunities throughout the Inland Empire.
This year, Bulldogs will participate in 30 different services projects in 11 American cities, including a project which will be completed by students studying abroad in Salzburg, Austria. Participants of Bulldogs in Service Day will serve communities across the nation stretching from Honolulu to New York City. Other major American cities with service locations include Los Angeles, Denver, Washington D.C., Seattle, and Austin.
University of Redlands students, parents, faculty and alumni are encouraged to sign up for the projects and events in their area or engage in independent service in their own community in the spirit of the day.
Service projects in the Inland Empire for this year include:
- Family Services Association of Redlands—Volunteers will help to clean and organize the Family Services center.
- Kids Against Hunger (On campus: University Hall) – Help to package non-perishable foods for starving kids in the US and abroad.
- Save the R Hike (On campus: Meets at Chapel)—Take an early morning hike to help clean and refurbish the “R”.
- Collect-a-Million (April 13)—help to organize a recycling project that will raise funds for Ronald McDonald House charities.
- Micah House—Volunteers will help to clean and repair the Micah house, which provides afterschool services for underprivileged kids in the Redlands area.
- Town and Gown Park Beautification Partnership—Volunteers will help to clean a park site. Activities will include flower bed replanting and weed and trash removal.
- NDR Therapeutic Riding Center—Help to run activities and interact with kids at this developmentally disabled children riding center.
To register for a service project in your area please call 909-748-8011 or visit the Bulldogs in Service site.