The Post-9/11 GI Bill will pay you:
· all resident tuition & fees for a public school
· the lower of the actual tuition & fees or the national maximum per academic year for a private school
Your actual tuition & fees costs may exceed these amounts if you are attending a private school or are attending a public school as a nonresident student.
Available Benefits and Eligibility
Only Veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate, as determined by service requirements, or their designated transferees may receive this funding. Active duty Servicemembers and their spouses are not eligible for this program. Child transferees of active duty Servicemembers may be eligible if the Servicemember is qualified at the 100 percent rate.
To receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon Program:
· You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill
· You must not be on active duty or a spouse using transferred entitlement
· Your school must agree to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program
· Your school must not have offered Yellow Ribbon to more than the maximum number of individuals, as stated in their participation agreement
· Your school must certify your enrollment to VA and provide Yellow Ribbon Program information
The University of Redlands has voluntarily entered into a Yellow Ribbon Agreement with the VA. If all tuition and mandatory fees are not covered by the Cap, then you may qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program. (Only Veterans or dependents under Transfer of Entitlement) at the 100% benefit level qualify. There is no application process, it is automatically processed.
The University would contribute up to $1000 per academic school year for College of Arts and Science Students and School of Business and School of Education contribution is up to $5000 per academic school year with VA matching the amount
For additional Information on the Yellow Ribbon program, please visit http://www.benefits.va.gov/GIBILL/yellow_ribbon.asp