Areas of Expertise
Electronic resource librarianship, licensing and management of electronic resources, availability and usability of library resources, interlibrary loan and document delivery systems, library website development and systems administration
Electronic resource availability studies, core competencies for serials and electronic resource librarianship, evidence-based assessment of library use (including ethnographic methods), open access scholarly publishing, user-centered design
"Making Memory Portable" and "Getting Things Done in the Library." In Time and Project Management Strategies for Librarians, ed. Carol Smallwood, Jason Kuhl and Lisa Fraser. Lanham: Scarecrow, 2013.
"Measuring Electronic Resource Availability." Presentation given March 5, 2013, SCELC Research Day, Loyola Marymount University, CA
Johns-Masten, Kathryn and Mann, Sanjeet 2013. "Mobile Websites and Apps in Academic Libraries: Harmony on a Small Scale." Serials Librarian 64 (1-4): 206-210.
"Correcting Accidentals: Using an Availability Study to Identify and Resolve the 'Suspensions' Impeding Access to Electronic Resources." 2012 NASIG Conference poster session, Nashville, TN.
Nabe, Jonathan, Imre, Andrea and Mann, Sanjeet 2011. "Let the Patron Drive: Purchase on Demand of E-Books." Serials Librarian 60 (1): 193-197.
Davis, Susan, Morris, Sarah and Mann, Sanjeet 2008. “Straight from the Horse’s Mouth: New and Not-so-new Serialists Share Experience.” Serials Librarian 54 (3-4): 217-221.
Committees and Affiliations
- 2013-2014 Chair, NASIG Core Competencies Taskforce (member 2011-2014)
- 2012-2013 co-Chair, University of Redlands Personnel Policies Committee (member 2011-2013)
- 2011-2012 Chair, SCELC Product Review Committee (member 2009-present)
- 2008-2012 Board member, UCLA Library and Information Studies Alumni Association (LISAA)
- North American Serials Interest Group (NASIG) member
- University of Redlands, 2009-present
- Chaffey College Library, 2008-2009
- UCLA Libraries, 2006-2008
- 2006-2007 American Library Association Spectrum Scholar
- 2006-2008 cohort, Association of Research Libraries Initiative to Recruit a Diverse Workforce