Degrees: M.L.S., Library Science, University of Arizona, 1988; B.A., History, University of Arizona, 1986
Office: Library, Armacost Library #221
Office Hours: Tuesdays 2:00-3:30 and Wednesdays 10:00-11:30.
Phone: 909/748-8081 Campus Ext. 8081
Natural Sciences: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Human-Animal Studies.
Areas of Expertise
- Library collection development and general library science
- History of the Finns in North America
Description of Research
Compiling a database of mostly scholarly work on the history of the Finns in North America.
Courses Offered at Redlands
- Information Literacy Instruction sessions, 1990-
- Outdoor Adventure: Pacific Northwest, Mayterm 2008
- Outdoor Adventure: Hawaii, Mayterm 2007
- Outdoor Adventure: Southwest and California, Mayterm 2004
- First Year Seminar: Water in the West, Fall 2001
- Biology 132/Chemistry 131: Scientific Information, Interim 1992-1996
Previous Teaching Experience
Information literacy instruction, University of Arizona, Main Library, 1989-1990
Reference/Acquisitions Librarian, University of Arizona, Main Library, 1989-1990
Awards, Honors and Grants
- Club Advisor of the Year, University of Redlands, 1998
- Frank Rice Service Award, University of Redlands, 2008
Publications, Presentations and Panels
Data Structure and Web Interface Supporting Salton Sea Information Sharing, American Water Resources Association, Annual Conference on Water Resources, 2000
Salton Sea Database Program, Natural Areas Association, Annual Conference, 2000
Scientific Information: Course-Integrated Bibliographic Instruction at the University of Redlands, California Academic and Research Libraries–South, Annual Program, “Librarians and Faculty Partnering for Student Success,” 1996
Students Teaching Students, Southern California Electronic Libraries Consortium, Annual Meeting, “Training the Trainers,” 1996
Multi-Disciplinary Collection Analysis: Women’s Studies at the University of Arizona, American Library Association, Annual Conference, 1990
Les Canterbury is an Advisor for the Men’s and Women’s Ultimate teams.