Innovating for Tomorrow
A Collection of Bulldog Scholarship
What can we gain by digitizing intellectual creations produced by University students and faculty which can be easily found and freely accessed by major search engines? With an institutional repository of research papers, posters, images, conference proceedings, performances, and more:
- Everyone will be able to “afford” access to University scholarship
- Students can contribute to scholarly communications
- Faculty research can reach a wider audience increasing exposure
- Contributors will be able to track their work’s download statistics
- The University will enrich scholarship and learning
- The University will amplify its visibility and outreach to the community and world
Get Everything at the One-Stop Information Desk
Librarians used to sit at a Reference Desk waiting to help library users find information. Now many of the typical reference questions can now be answered by typing them into a Google search box.
The old Reference Desk has been transformed to a one-stop information desk where a student employee can check out a book, answers your basic questions, or call for a librarian to help with your research question.
This model provides better service: you have a central place to get any type of assistance. Your question can be answered immediately or an expert can be called in to help. Librarians make better use of their time assisting students with research, teaching them the complexities of the information landscape while strengthening our physical and virtual collections, and creating research guides and other online resources.