Accreditation & Accolades
We are Redlands:
The University of Redlands has produced 20 undergraduate Fulbright scholars in the past eight years. The “Chronicle of Higher Education” and the Fulbright Commission have twice lauded Redlands for producing significant numbers of undergraduate scholars.
The J.W. Fulbright awards are the highest and most distinguished awards granted by the Congress of the United States, through the U.S. Department of State, to a graduating University senior in a competitive merit based competition. Named after J. William Fulbright, the longest serving chairperson of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, these awards designate the selected applicants as “student ambassadors” for the United States. Students awarded Fulbrights are provided the financial and administrative support to either teach or conduct research in one of over 100 nations, for a year, abroad.
- Named "One of Higher Ed's Best Kept Secrets" in the Fiske Guide to Colleges 2014 edition and recognized for congenial campus living, flexibility of academic programs, easy access to professors and generous financial aid.
- Admitted, with distinction, to the 2015 President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. Redlands is one of only five institutions in the nation named to the honor roll, with distinction, each year since the award's inception.
- Ranked by Princeton Review 2014, the most searched website by parents and students, one of the Best 378 Colleges.
- Named by Washington Monthly 2013 among the Top 30 Nationally for the Public Good.
- Recognized as a Tree Campus USA by the Arbor Day Foundation for excellence in campus tree management, as well as student and community involvement across the nation.
- Ranked by Forbes in the Top 5 percent of America's Best Colleges.
- School of Education included as one of only four California programs rated as doing well in training high school teachers, according to the National Council on Teacher Quality (NCTQ).
- Named by G.I. Jobs as a Military-Friendly School.
- Named by US News & World Report as an A+ School for B Students and a Great Price and #1 Best College for Veterans in the West.
The University of Redlands is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). There are additional accreditations for specific programs:
- Chemistry programs by the American Chemical Society
- School of Music by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- Communicative Disorders programs by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- School of Education by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing