10th Annual Summer Institute
Common Core: Academic Contents, Complex Texts, Close Reading, Assessment, and More…
Keynote Address: Douglas Fisher, Ph.D., is professor of educational leadership at San Diego State University and a teacher leader at Health Sciences High & Middle College and has been an early intervention teacher and elementary school educator.
He is the recipient of an International Reading Association Celebrate Literacy Award, the Farmer Award for excellence in writing from the National Council of Teachers of English, as well as a Christa McAuliffe Award for excellence in teacher education. He has published numerous articles on reading and literacy, differentiated instruction, and curriculum design as well as books, such as "Better Learning Through Structured Teaching," "Common Core English Language Arts in a PLC at Work" and "Text Complexity: Raising Rigor in Reading."
Workshops: Common Core Application
Demonstration Lessons: Applying Common Core will be presented by Corona-Norco, Beaumont, Rialto, Fontana, and other school districts.
Selected Concurrent Sessions: Theory and Practice Related to Common Core and Diverse Learners.
Call for Papers
- Proposals for presentations are currently being accepted.
Superintendents’ Forum - “Common Core, LCFF, LCAP, Assessment: How Ready Are We?”
- Dr. Michael Lin - Superintendent, Corona-Norco Unified School District
- Dr. Robert Taylor - Superintendent, Walnut Unified School District
- Dr. Maureen Latham - Superintendent, Beaumont Unified School District
- Dr. Leslie Boozer - Superintendent, Fontana Unified School District
- Paul Jessup - Deputy Superintendent, Riverside County Office of Education
- Ted Alejandre - Deputy Superintendent, San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Please download our event flyer & registration form and share them with your colleagues and associates.