Lens Fellows Announced for 2011
The University is pleased to announce the 2011 cohort of faculty LENS Fellows, who will explore the theme of “Mapping Migrations"—
- Dr. Julius Bailey (Religious Studies) will focus on impact of the Great Migration on African American religious life
- Dr. John Glover (History) will explore the migrations of an ethnic group in West Africa
- Dr. Daniel Klooster, (Latin American Studies) will study Mexican immigration patterns and their environmental impacts
- Dr. Lei Lani Stelle (Biology) maps marine mammal movements over space and time
- Dr. Jennifer Tilton (Race and Ethnic Studies) will explore migrations of youth and their families in and out of Inland Empire communities
LENS Fellows will participate in a summer institute along with disciplinary experts from around the U.S. to explore these topics and mapping technologies in more depth. The outcomes of their fellowship activities will be shared with students and the larger University community.
Learn more by vising the LENS website.